How to Plan the Perfect Sanibel Island Girls' Trip
Looking to escape the cold of winter? Spring is the perfect time for a girls' getaway to Sanibel Island. The weather is perfect for spending days at the beach or exploring our idyllic outdoor landscapes, and there are plenty of fun local events happening.
Here are our top 6 tips for how to spend a girls’ weekend on Sanibel Island.
1. Go to the Beach!
- Bowman's Beach - Excellent shelling, barbeque grills, and an outdoor shower are available here.
- Lighthouse Beach - Enjoy a working lighthouse and fishing pier. The beach extends from the Gulf around the tip of the island to San Carlos Bay.
- Turner Beach - A popular beach for shelling and fishing.
- Tarpon Bay Beach - Conveniently located mid-island at West Gulf Drive and Tarpon Bay Road.
- Gulfside City Beach Park - Located off Casa Ybel Road, this beach offers public facilities as well as a shaded pavilion.
- The Causeway Beaches - Great for picnicking, windsurfing, and fishing. You can park right at the water's edge.
2. Try Shelling on Sanibel
Shelling is the second-most popular collecting hobby in the world. Assume the “Sanibel stoop” and try it for yourself! Collect a few souvenirs or even enough to try some shell crafts.
Here is our complete guide to shelling on Sanibel Island.
3. Take a Tour of our Island
Rent bikes and tour the island on your own along Sanibel’s miles and miles of bike paths. Or, explore our nature, wildlife, and views by kayak with Tarpon Bay Explorers.
The naturalists at Tarpon Bay have a thorough knowledge and deep admiration for the flora and fauna that make Sanibel a beautiful and vibrant place, and their passion shines through during informative and fun excursions.
4. Eat like a local
From beachy eats to fine dining, there are plenty of great restaurants on Sanibel and Captiva! A few of our favorites include the Thistle Lodge, the Lazy Flamingo, and Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grill. View our full list of best restaurants!
5. Treat Yourself to a Spa Day
No girls’ weekend is complete without some pampering. Treat your group to a spa day at one of the spas around Sanibel, including:
- Sanibel Day Spa
- Sanibel Skin Spa
6. Shop Til You Drop
Take a break from the beach, take a leisurely stroll, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy a girls’ day on the town, wandering through our charming Sanibel Island shopping centers.
- Tahitian Gardens - From designer labels to toys and handmade jewelry, this shopping adventure offers a variety of merchandise and family friendly restaurants.
- The Village Shops - The Village Shops features upscale boutiques, a hair salon, and award-winning tropical wines.
- Olde Sanibel Shoppes - A favorite of both locals and guests, Old Sanibel Shoppes is a pet-friendly shopping center with olde Florida charm. Eat at the award-winning café with outside dining and peruse popular boutiques.
- Town Center - Conveniently located right on the bike path on your way to Captiva Island, Town Center is the perfect spot to take a break and grab a quick bite while enjoying Sanibel’s outdoor scenery.