How to Get to Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island is located off the coast of Southwest Florida near Fort Myers, connected to the mainland via a causeway. The pristine island is known for its beautiful beaches and abundant wildlife that makes the island feel secluded and miles away from civilization despite being just a short drive from a major international airport. You can get to Sanibel Island by flying into the Southwest Florida International Airport and driving the rest of the way. No matter where you're visiting from, Sanibel Island is easy to get to and from.
How far is Sanibel Island from Fort Myers Airport?
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is a major airport out of Fort Myers, serving the region, including Sanibel Island. This airport serves many of the major airlines, including American, Air Canada, Southwest Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Eurowings, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines, and more. Southwest Florida International Airport is located about 45 minutes from Sanibel Island.
Address: 11000 Terminal Access Rd., Fort Myers, FL 33913
From Interstate 75, take Exit 131 west onto Daniels Parkway. Continue on Daniels Parkway to the 6 Mile Cypress Parkway intersection and make a left. From there follow directions Above.
Other Airports Near Sanibel Island
- RSW – Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers: 45 min
- ORD – Orlando International Airport – 75 S: 3 hrs
- FLL – Fort Lauderdale International Airport – 75 N: 2 hrs
- MIA – Miami International Airport – 75 N: 2.5 hrs
- SAR – Sarasota/Bradenton Airport – 75 S: 1.5 hrs
- TAM – Tampa International Airport – 75 S: 2.5 hrs